Stoloto follows closely the accepted norms and legislative regulations in working with lottery tickets. We value our reputation and the peace of our participants greatly. In our work, we follow closely Federal Law No. 138-FZ On Lotteries.
Types of Lotteries in Russia
All-Russian State Lottery
A lottery that is held throughout the territory of the Russian Federation. All-Russian state lotteries can be organized only by a federal body of executive authority, approved by the Government of the Russian Federation.
A lottery held in accordance with an international agreement on the territory of two or more countries, including the Russian Federation. Currently, the Russian Federation does not have any international agreements in force regarding holding of international lotteries.
In these lotteries, the prize drawing is held once all lottery tickets, electronic lottery tickets and electronic receipts have been distributed among all the participants. This type of lottery can be split into several drawings. Only one unit of lottery equipment can be used simultaneously to determine the winning lottery combination during prize drawing lotteries.
All drawing lotteries are listed at stoloto.ru.
Instant lotteries are lotteries where the winning combination is included in the paper or electronic ticket at the time of their making. During an instant lottery, the participant pays for the ticket, gets the lottery ticket or an electronic ticket and finds the hidden messages, drawings, numbers or symbols to find out if they won anything.
These tickets are not for sale at stoloto.ru.
Organizing and Holding Lotteries
Holding a Lottery
The holding of a lottery includes services incorporating the following events:
- services related to distribution (sales, recording) of lottery tickets, electronic lottery tickets, and recording of lottery receipts;
- entering into contracts with makers of lottery tickets, manufacturers of lottery equipment and lottery terminals, distributors and (or) other contracts necessary for the purpose of holding a lottery;
- entering into contracts with lottery participants, including accepting and recording picks;
- holding a prize lottery drawing;
- expert assessment of winning lottery tickets, electronic lottery tickets and lottery receipts;
- payment, transfer or provision of winnings to lottery participants.
Organizer of the All-Russian State Lottery
The following events are included under the umbrella term of “lottery organization activities:”
- organizing a contest to select the lottery operator;
- entering into a contract with the lottery operator;
- approving the terms and conditions of the lottery.
According to the Government of the Russian Federation, only the following bodies can serve as organizers of the lottery:
- the body of federal executive authority that develops and implements the state policy and legal regulations in the sphere of physical education and sports (Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation);
- the body of federal executive authority that develops and implements the state policy and legal regulations in the sphere of budgetary activities (Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation).
The lottery organizer holds the lottery through a lottery operator by entering into a contract. The contract is entered into after an open tender held by the organizer in accordance with the law On Lotteries.
Operator of the All-Russian State Lottery
The operator of the lottery is a legal entity registered in accordance with the law of the Russian Federation and who has entered into a contract to hold the lottery in accordance with the law On Lotteries.
Distributor of the All-Russian State Lottery
A distributor is an individual who enters into a contract to distribute (sell, issue) lottery tickets, lottery receipts, electronic lottery tickets; the distributor is also authorized to accept lottery picks, payout, transfer or provide winnings to lottery participants.
- The prize fund of the lottery must be at least 50% of the total revenue from holding it;
- the amount of target deductions is 10% of the difference between the amount of the operator's revenue from holding the lottery in the reporting quarter and the amount of winnings paid out by the operator in the reporting quarter. Target deductions are paid quarterly.
- the Operator’s obligation to pay target deductions from the lottery revenues in the amounts as stated in the contract are guaranteed by an irrevocable bank guarantee.
The following additional requirements apply to organizing lotteries:
- the prizes are awarded to winners at least once every 15 minutes;
- in the instant lottery, winnings under RUB1,000 are made immediately after the winning combination is determined; electronic tickets with winning numbers must be turned over to the distributor;
- the duration of the lottery is 15 years, with possible further extension by the Government of the Russian Federation. The lottery begins on the date when a decision is made by the Government of the Russian Federation.
A participation contract is entered into between the operator (previously – “organizer”) and the participant, with the issue of the following:
- a lottery ticket;
- a lottery receipt;
- an electronic lottery ticket.
According to Russian law, only individuals over the age of 18 can enter into a contract to participate in the lottery.
The lottery ticket is a document that certifies the right to participate in the lottery and confirms the contract between the lottery operator and the lottery participant.
The lottery ticket must contain the lottery combination that is printed on the ticket when it was made (created), and/or entered by the participant in the lottery.
Protecting against Counterfeiting
The lottery receipt is a fiscal document issued by the lottery terminal that certifies the right to participate in the lottery and confirms the contract between the lottery operator and the lottery participant.
The lottery receipt must contain the lottery combination, printed when the receipt was made (created).
The principal difference between the lottery receipt and the lottery ticket is that the lottery receipt is issued by the lottery terminal.
The legislative authority has provided an exact definition of the lottery terminal and sets the requirements to which the lottery terminal must correspond.
The lottery terminal is a technical device intended for accepting lottery picks (input or selection of lottery combinations), and issuing lottery receipts, which is used for lottery drawings.
The lottery terminal can be used only to issue lottery drawing receipts.
The lottery terminals must not contain any hidden (undeclared) capabilities, data storage units, parts or devices that are not available for inspection
The lottery terminals must provide for protection of information against loss, theft, distortion, forgery, unauthorized actions aiming to destroy, modify, copy, or any other actions with said information, as well as prevent unauthorized Internet access.
Electronic Lottery Ticket
The electronic lottery ticket is an electronic document certifying the right to participate in the lottery, which certifies entry into a contract between the operator and the participant containing the protected information about the registered lottery pick (picks) placed in the lottery information processing center. These data allow identification of the participant who paid for the lottery pick(s) in the manner as prescribed by the terms of the lottery, taking into account the requirements of Federal Law No. 149-FZ On Information, Information Technologies and Protection of Information, of July 27, 2006. The electronic lottery ticket must also contain the lottery combination that is printed on the ticket when it was made (created), and/or entered by the participant in the lottery.